Alison Coates – Parent Support Adviser
• Started January 2015
Engaged and support families around:
• improving attendance
• informing and arranging Short Breaks
• assessments for respite
• safeguarding and child protection
• signposting to other agencies
• supporting families of children who are out of school
• social work referrals and support
• work with IFSS in the home
• charity referrals
• involvement with Looked After Children
• work as a member of the Intervention and Outreach Team
• working with Young Carers and siblings
• working with families of EAL children
• liaising with and supporting school nursing/continence teams
• supporting with sleep clinics
• referrals to external services such as CAMHS & OT
• DLA and benefits advice
• welcoming prospective parents to school
• advising on transition options
• arranging training for parents
I have thoroughly enjoyed my first year working at Coppice and meeting with the pupils, staff and parents.
Attendance for low attaining pupils is rising and parents have shared that they have found it beneficial to have a named contact in school to get in touch with for a chat, some information or share concerns.
Parents have also shared that support in meetings and access to information regarding Local Authority systems has been invaluable in improving outcomes for their family.
I look forward to meeting many more families over the coming year and would encourage you to contact me if there are any issues/advice you may need to make life easier.
Parent Support Adviser
Work Mobile – 07795 678623